Video: Can Apple cure us of smartphone addiction?
Apple’s support forum is lighting up with complaints from iPhone users that iOS 11.4 is hammering their battery life hard.
Devices across the line, from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone X, seem to be sporadically affected. One commonality seems to be seeing the battery drain rapidly overnight.
See also: iOS 11.4 tip: How to enable Messages in iCloud
Some users are claiming that disabling the Handoff feature alleviates the issue, but others are reporting no change after making this tweak. Some of those affected say that restarting their iPhone fixed the problem (since this is simple and non-destructive, it might be worth a try).
Battery degradation doesn’t seem to play a part, with some users reporting that iOS’s built-in battery health checker is giving their handset a clean bill of health. Others affected say that their battery was replaced not that long ago.
Others are reporting that their iPhones are running hot after installing the update.
If you’ve not installed iOS 11.4, and are at all worried about suffering from poor battery performance, it might be advisable to wait for Apple to fix this issue before upgrading.
- iOS 12/watchOS 5/tvOS 12: Which devices are supported?
- How to download and install iOS 12 beta
- Your iPhone is tracking your movements and storing your favorite locations all the time
- iPhone battery life bad after installing iOS 11.4? Here’s what you can do
- iOS 11.4 tips, tricks, and secrets everyone should know
- The coolest USB flash drive you can buy: Apricorn Aegis Secure Key 3z
- Is this the world’s best power bank? The Omnicharge Omni 20 USB-C
- iOS tips: What to do when you run out of storage on your iPhone or iPad